Central Church of Christ Youth Minister
Job Title: Youth Minister
Job Type: Full-time Exempt
Central Church of Christ, located in Bedford, Indiana(located in south-central Indiana, 75 miles south of Indianapolis), is looking for a passionate and energetic male for leading the youth to a lifelong relationship with God. This individual will report directly to the elders and work closely with the deacon(s) over the youth, and assist the minister. The youth minister is charged with leading the youth of the congregation in grades K through 12th in the development of their faith. He will also strive to help the lost that are not part of our youth group. The youth minister ensures the promotion and growth of the youth’s understanding of the word, becoming lifelong disciples, building strong relationships with other Christians, and being Christ-like. He will serve as an engaging spiritual leader and role model with a strong biblical background and a continued desire to draw closer in his relationship with Christ.
Duties/Responsibilities include but not limited to:
– Encourage and engage the youth in their personal lives.
– Develop the youth (those in the youth group and those who are not) to develop their own relationship with God.
– Build relationships with the youth through evangelism, discipleship, and mentoring.
– Host a weekly youth devotional night.
– Teach at least one of the teen Bible classes.
– Involvement in activities for our week at Spring Mill Bible Camp.
– Collaborate with parents and church leadership team.
– Be involved in the community and making an effort to spend hours outside of the office at ball games, school events, and other activities that may occur with the youth’s involvement.
– Assist as needed in congregation and area wide activities.
Required Skills/Abilities include but not limited to:
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Excellent interpersonal skills.
– Possess a passion for the Word of God.
– Possess a heart for the youth and their spiritual development.
– Pursues and maintains a healthy home life seeking to be above reproach in all areas.
Education and Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree in Bible or Ministry is preferred.
– Experience will be considered where a degree is not present.
The youth minister is expected to participate in other areas of the congregation’s work as would be expected of any member. Other areas of involvement may include evangelistic outreach (especially as it involves youth), teaching an adult class periodically, and occasionally delivering the sermon.
If the youth minister is married, it is understood that his wife is not an employee of the church just because of her husband’s position. She is expected, however, to be supportive of his work and to set a good example of everyday Christian living to the youth.
It is expected that the youth minister will demonstrate Christian standards of living in his personal and professional life. If the youth minister is single, he will not be allowed to date anyone in the youth group.
The youth minister may perform other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time or without notice.
To apply for this position, please email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Cover Letter describing your philosophy and mission in youth ministry
– Social Media links
– References with contact info
– (Optional) Link to recent lessons or classes.
Must be willing to submit to a background check.